Getting to know the beauty of the Amazon rainforest can start with Huaorani Lodge. It is Huaorani's belief that the best way to really understand a culture is to immerse yourself in it. And that's exactly what you'll get to do at Huaorani Lodge. As soon as your plane lands, you will bid civilization adieu as you climb into the dugout canoe to head to the lodge.
While some Amazon hotels have community visits as an activity, Huaorani bases your entire experience around the indigenous way of life. While with Huaorani, you will meet the tribal leaders and the indigenous community, as they show you a simpler perspective on life. Your guide will help translate as they locals tell you about conservation, survival, and what life is like for them.
You will spend your days immersing yourself in indigenous culture, but you can always return to the lodge for rest and relaxation in the comfortable, safe, and secure buildings. Each cabin has twin or double beds, a private bathroom, solar-powered electricity, and a traditional palm-thatched roof.
The lodge itself includes a dining area and the popular “Casa de Hamacas” (aka the “Hammock House”), an ideal spot for swinging idly to sleep as your troubles melt into the tranquil rainforest canopy above.
On your trip, you will have the chance to experience:
- Indigenous community immersion
- Canoeing/ kayaking
- Swimming in the river
- Waterfall tour
|Accommodation||Price per person
|Price per person
|Double / Twin||US$989||US$801|
|Children under 12 years||US$495||US$400|
|** Please note that these prices exclude transportation|
* Prices per person based on double occupancy 2 people sharing room. (2 people per room); single travellers are welcome and can share a cabin with another visitor on the same gender. Should you require a single room, this can be accommodated by paying a single supplement fee of extra 50%.
Net Transportation charges
The basic transport package costs US$250
Transport charges are net and subject to change without prior notice.
- All meals
- Bilingual naturalist guide (English-Spanish)
- Local Huaorani guide
- Last night accommodation at campside
- Use of rubber/Wellington boots up to sizes: European 44, American M10.5/F12, British M10/F9.5)
- Biodegradable soap & shampoo.
- Transportation charges $USD 250.00
- Ticket from Coca-Quito ($USD 116.00 per person)
- Entrance fee to Huaorani Territory ($USD 20.00 per person)
- Airport tx Shell ($USD 7.60 per person)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Use of rubber/Wellington boots GREATER THAN sizes: European 44, American M10.5/F12, British M10/F9.5)
- Personal expenses & taxes
Alternative Lodge Options in the Amazon Region of Ecuador
If you like Huaorani Lodge and have an interest in Amazon cultures, you would also like staying at Yachana Lodge which is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of Amazon peoples.
Extend your trip to the Galapagos Islands and the highlands of Ecuador
Combine your trip to Sani Lodge with a trip to the Galapagos and/or the Andes. You'll need to travel through Quito to get to Sani Lodge anyway, so it's an excellent opportunity to stay a few days in Quito and the surrounding areas of the Andes. For nearly 20 years, Columbus has introduced thousands of satisfied travelers to the wonders of Ecuador, and we hope you'll be the next.